Liberation Day

Today marks the first day of my one year sabbatical leave from government service. I am officially off the hook as far as the eight-to-five shackles are concerned. On the other hand, I feel kinda at a loss as to what I need to do first with the domestic concerns that have long been waiting to pounce on me, like a pup poised to welcome a returning master from a long trip.

Well, the homebody in me has been itching to do the house spin and stretch both the physical and mental physique. Another year is fast approaching and I need to unload the cramped quarters with unnecessary stuff for other hands that might have use for them. The review for my TESOL final exam is a top priority, too, otherwise I'll be knocked down by mundane, less important concerns. I now have ample time to blog. I have no more reason not to jog. I will assist hubby dear with the paper works in his businesses. And of course, keep a focused eye on my kids' homeschool program! (Isn't it the primary reason for my leave of absence from work?)

Whew,the excitement cripples me. So much to do. But at least I call the shots. It's easy to say 'it's break-time!" and plunge in the comfort of our bedroom for a few winks to recharge, even turn on the DVD player to watch Tom Hank's Lady Killers, for some rib-tickling moments. Nah, I can't do that in the public service.

Comments

maria said…
Thanks for including heartwork in your blogroll. I am humbled. I pray it can be of help to more homeschoolers although I am not much of a writer. It is a great way to keep family and friends updated. I met a lot of friends through blogging too so it is really ministering to me and my family instead =).

We are having a 25th Punlaan Christian Movement reunion at UPLB this December. Probably you have not heard of this ministry but we were quite there in the campus in the 80s. It is a homegrown ministry and has later went out of the university to focus on outreaches in nearby barangays.

My family and I however are now involved with Grace Baptist Church in Los Banos.

Popular posts from this blog

This Beast Called Rage

The Natural Man (NM) and The Spiritual Man (SM)-- the War is On

Welcome back, blogger.