Did I Really Miss That?



It's been almost two weeks since our team-building activity at Dalampasigan Beach Resort. Gosh, my head's still spinning and reeling from the fun (a.k.a. enjoyment) of having to sing my heart out and savoring the soothing waters at 3am with my brainstorming pals.
After eight years of being myopic with the hubby and kids, I finally got to mingle in school-girl fun with fellow aging work buddies. Away from domestic concerns (thanks for a considerate hubby!), I felt like an eagle that's been trapped in a gilded cage, raring to flap my wings and soar up the limitless expanse. Oh, I didn't realize there could me much fun outside of my homeschool environs. I felt like I was thirteen again complete with the giggles, sighs and excitement especially during the videoke session where, I learned, after 13 years, FNTI has so much talent in the entertainment department.

I swooned over mr. balladeer, laughed at lyrics-swallowing mr.tipsy, turned jelly-eyed with the singing couple, enjoyed Kitchie Nadallic rock of a petite officemate (to think I once had a bitter, shouting incident with her), laughed and swayed with Pepsi's tonsil-sticking histrionics. Me? I belted my master-piece by Ms.Duncan -JAWIL (Just Another Woman In Love) unmindful if I hit the tune or not. What the heck,I was there to enjoy and not to mind what people would think of my voice. Besides, if I had what it takes to be a singer, I wouldn't be there anyway! I would definitely be in showbiz! I would have given Lea Salonga a run for her money!

Well, life is definitely good. Having to enjoy it is a gift worth savoring. Why would I restrict myself,when I can have pure, wholesome fun? But of course, I'll always go back to my nest where the love,nurturing and belongingness take precedence over personal fun.
I bet everyone's recharged and rejuvenated. it's time to return to reality and stick my nose to the piles of workload on my desk. From time to time,I'm gonna push my rickety swivel chair, stretch my arms, close my weary eyes and let my wind wander off to that fateful night where I almost forgot I already had a different family name--far different from what I used since I learned to scribble when I was five.
Off with the what-ifs and the what-might-have-beens. One fleeting dance and girlie swirl of the deceitful heart should never bring caput years of godly wisdom and direction. Yah, King Solomon hit it right when he said, "Enjoy life. Be happy while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but remember that for all these things, God will bring you to judgment." ( Ecclessiastes 11:9).. and his closing piece?

"Now, all has been heard, this is the conclusion of the matter. Obey God and keep his commands, for that is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil." (Ecc. 12:13-14)

What a great reminder for hedonists.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Beast Called Rage

The Natural Man (NM) and The Spiritual Man (SM)-- the War is On

Welcome back, blogger.