Looking Back

Wasn't it only yesterday when I was excitedly charting out my life? Gosh, I didn't realize it's been over a decade since I got off the well-adorned UPLB stage with a huge grin on my once pretty face, silently chanting every fresh grad's mantra, "Hello world, Here I come!"

Armed with tons of confidence, I barged in every available job opportunity hoping against hope I would get the nod so I could get out of the alarming statistics of the unemployed. I even resorted to borrowing clothes to don for job interviews. (oh, what do you expect? UP never trained us to wear something fit for the corporate world.She encouraged us just to be ourselves!) But, oh, where did such haste lead me? Here, in a rather obscure jungle of the narrow minded, the snoop and busybodies who relish nothing than to kick other people's butts.I 've allowed 12 years of my life to just pass by in an environment that did not awaken my passions for the best. I kinda drifted along, never realizing much time already went by.

But on one hand, why fret over the past? Isn't it time to just get back on my feet and set my mind, sights and every sinew of my being to my goals and just continue where I left off? Being ty-five is not the time to throw in the towel and say bye, bye to your sweet dreams. I have to get movin, sweetie! Get back to the action.

Oh, thank you Lord for just being so faithful and consistent. Not for once have you failed in your promises. It's so comforting to know you are not like us who are sometimes (even oftentimes) swept by the tempest of human emotions and swayed by the urgent. Give me Father the peace that only comes from you. In the midst of this rat race, in this rat world in the year of the rat, let me just rest my weary soul in your bosom that I may be constantly renewed, recharged and reminded that I have only one life --- and indeed only what's done for Christ will last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Beast Called Rage

Welcome back, blogger.

The Natural Man (NM) and The Spiritual Man (SM)-- the War is On