Orvik and His Logic



What goes on in the mind of a five-year old? I am oftentimes baffled by Orvik’s spontaneous rattles that reveal a line of reasoning fit for an A in Logic 101. My, I don’t remember having the wit of Michael V at age five.

***
His expression these days is “Ay, Que Barbaridad!” in imitation of Dad who blurts the words when things are not A-ok. The little man, however, coined a new term addressed solely to me whenever I seem to do things he doesn’t approve of --- “Ay, Que BarbariMOM!”

***
When asked why he has missing teeth (he already lost two), he quipped without batting an eyelash,
“Si Mommy kasi brush ng brush ng teeth ko, nalaglag tuloy!” (Mommy always brushes my teeth, that's why they fell!)
***
When he heard that Jesus is in our hearts, he asked, “Bakit maraming Jesus?” (Why are there plenty of Jesus?)
(He took the meaning literally. Since each person has a heart, he thought that each has Jesus in his heart. And because there are many hearts, then there must be many Jesus (that’s logic, right?)

***
He is full of Jesus questions. Just the other day, he blurted, “Si Jesus ba may heart din, Mommy?” When I told him, “Of course He has a heart, and a big one at that.” Then, he asked, “ Ang nasa heart niya, Jesus din ba?” (the logic continues). I told him, “In His heart are the people he loves—you, Dad, Mom, Kuya and the rest of the world.” (I was afraid he would comment on the size of the heart. Good thing, he parked follow-up questions. He’s probably saving them for another day.)

Click HERE for more of Orvik's quips. Also here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Beast Called Rage

Welcome back, blogger.

Remembering a Lovely Acquaintance