Like Mother, Like Son


Sometimes you can't help but rub on your children your own passions (or should I say,frustrations and unfulfilled dreams). Growing up, I had a thing for the arts -- acting, public speaking and writing. I would have ventured into dancing and singing as well had I not learned early on that I had gawky moves and my singing voice only sounded good inside a 2x2 square-meter john.

Well, my acting landed me top recognition in 1988 during the talent night competition of the National Secondary Schools Press Conference in Malaybalay, Bukidnon. I competed with representatives from all regions and Region V (the one I represented) stole the night at that time. That was twenty years ago. I was a fifteener raring to show my 'brilliant' ideas in English Editorial Writing. Nope, I didn't land a spot in that tilt. What I brought home was the top honors in the talent show! I was afraid I would be swarmed with movie offers after I got off the stage. Thank goodness I still managed to blurt "no, I'd rather finish my studies".

Now, it's 2008. My credentials may not be that impressive -- a business degree, two kids, a write-up here and there (just to perk up the writer in me), two framed cross-stitched projects (probably the cause of my CTS)and a limited cooking skill (my kids love my Beef Steak. I like my Embutido.)Hence, I leave it to my sons to just continue where I left off. (poor boys.)

Rovik
This wonder kid oozes with talent (ha, ha, move over Mommy Ligaya). He sings, dances, recites poems and writes story books.He also swims like a pro.He adores Michael Phelps and has adopted his now famous quip, " I hate to lose."

Here's a list of Rovik's fave songs which he already memorized by heart:
1.The power of Your Love
2. Prayer ( Did you ever talk to God above?...Tell him that you need a friend to love..)
3. Through it All
4. God and God Alone
5. When God Ran
6. Above All

Fave Videoke songs he loves to Sing
1. Colors of the Wind
2. My Love by Westlife
3. Complicated by Avril Lavigne
4. Bato sa Buhangin
5. Mandy

At eight, Rovik has written seven storybooks.(Still a little rough, but he is showing the makings of a budding writer.)

1. Tom & Jerry's Cave of Gold
2. The Fabulous Race in History
3. Some Other Guides to Sell Your Products
4. Adventure in Paris
5. Blue Talks
6.Two Children Met a Friendly Wolf
7. Spongebob and the Magic Pencil

Memorized Poems
1. Heaven's Grocery Store
2. Only One Life
3. She Powders Her Nose
4. The Boy Who Promised Mother

Swimming Feats
At six, Rovik competed in the National Age Group swim competition (100 meter-breastroke) at Trace College in Los Banos in 2006. At eight, he clinched two bronze medals in the 100 meter free-style and 50 meter breastroke during the PASAPRISA held at the Xavier School in Greenhills. He represented Every Nation Leadership Institute (ENLI)- Victory Christian School. He is now preparing for the Division Meet. If he hurdles the meet, he will proceed to the Regional Meet of NCR. Wow, way to go Son! Next in line would be the Palarong Pambansa. (Am one proud mommah)

"Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him." (Psalm 127:3)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Beast Called Rage

Welcome back, blogger.

The Natural Man (NM) and The Spiritual Man (SM)-- the War is On